So you love Janet TV and want to host one of our shows? Great! Show us what you’ve got! You don’t need to have professional experience in front of the camera. On the other hand, it’s perfectly fine if you do have experience.
It’s straightforward! Just do these two things to be considered for a position as a host on Janet TV:
1. Please email or mail us a little about your interest in and experience in hosting a show. Include links, Twitter handle, Facebook page, blog URL (if you have), Full Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Website, Business Description or Major Accomplishments, and Short Bio. We’d also appreciate a photo of you. [Email & mail address below.] – – AND – –
2. Email or mail us a video of yourself doing on-camera what you’d like to do on-camera for Janet TV. Perhaps you’re reporting on a sport you love. Perhaps you’re conducting interviews. Perhaps you’re giving score updates. This is your audition.
Here are some tips for this audition: Begin your video by telling us your name, where you live, and a little about you and your life and your relationship with sports and physical activity. Smile! You’re not expected to shoot a professional-quality video, but do make sure it’s good enough that you can be seen and heard clearly throughout before you send it. Natural light is sufficient. But be sure to face your light source so you are not lost in the contrast. Frame your shot so that your face is clearly and frontally visible in a medium close-up (the top of the frame should be slightly above your head and the bottom of the frame just below your shoulders). In other words: Your face should be your most visible part. Use a tripod. Avoid filming other people. If you’re filming with an iPhone, be sure to hold it in landscape mode (horizontally, with the lens toward the top). Otherwise your video will either be very narrow or sideways when it’s viewed (even though you won’t notice this on your iPhone, since it automatically rotates the video). If you’re using a webcam, use your camera’s software to increase the video frame rate to the maximum; otherwise your video will likely be choppy.
Be authentic. Show your passion for the topic. Be interesting. End your video by saying (with gusto): “Sport: It’s A Female Thing!” Generally speaking, your video should last anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes. If you email us the video, it cannot be larger than 30 MB. If you MAIL your video to us it can be any size. [Email & mail address below.]
Email #1 and #2 above to: Show [at] JanetTV.net Place your full name in the Subject area.
– or Mail us #1 and #2 to:
“Be On Janet TV”
7301 RR 620 North, Suite 155-101
Austin, Texas 78726
By submitting your material via email or mail you agree to be bound by each of the following:
1. If your video is selected to be featured on Janet TV, you will receive a confirmation email with additional details regarding when your clip may air. We’ll analyze viewer response to your video and may then contact you to discuss Janet TV’s fit with your situation.
2. Stories, ideas, suggestions, essays, audio, video, photographs or related materials and any other materials of any kind whatsoever submitted (hereinafter, the “Submissions”) will not be returned or kept confidential. All such Submissions may be used: (i) on www.JanetTV.com (the “Website”); (ii) for airing or other publication by Janet TV or any of its affiliated companies, broadcast licensees, entities or assigns, and distributed in all markets and media worldwide and in perpetuity. By submitting the above, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions and consent to your name and geographic location possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution and/or airing of your Submission(s).
3. The Submissions may be shared with The Producers and/or developers of Janet TV (or its related entities) and any and all related programming.
4. Neither Janet TV nor any of its related companies or entitities are obligated to use or pay you for any Submission.
5. It is possible that similar Submissions may be submitted to Janet TV by multiple sources and that a Submission may be similar to ideas generated or developed independently by Janet TV employees.
6. All Submissions shall become the property of Janet TV, may be edited for length, clarity and/or functionality, will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, may be shared with and used by the staff of Janet TV and any of their affiliated companies or entities and shared with legal authorities if Janet TV believes it warranted. Neither Janet TV nor any third or other party with whom Janet TV shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you submit.
7. Janet TV shall exclusively own all known or later existing rights to the Submissions worldwide and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose in all media now known or hereafter discovered without compensation to the provider of such Submissions.
8. Janet TV reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions, or other specifics, as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
9. By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you are at least twenty-one (21) years old.
10. No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades a person’s privacy, violates any law, any intellectual property or other property or other rights, or is known to be false.
12. IMPORTANT MESSAGE: If you are seeking immediate assistance on a matter involving urgent health care, personal safety, the safety of others or any other issue requiring immediate attention, please do not use our e-mails or website. Instead, IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING OR HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF AN EMERGENCY INVOLVING IMMEDIATE DANGER OR PHYSICAL HARM TO YOU OR TO ANOTHER, PLEASE CALL 911 OR YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. If you are experiencing any other type of emergency situation with which you need assistance, please click here. Please note that we cannot reply to all e-mails sent to us or guarantee that your e-mail will be or will be immediately read. We cannot always review every e-mail that we receive.
13. BY SENDING JANET TV YOUR MATERIAL, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO ALL OF THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.