OFFICIAL CONTEST INFO, RULES & FAQ
Submit Your Favorite Sports Video Featuring Female Athletes and You Could Win Cash and Prizes! (and have your video seen by millions on Janet TV)
About America’s Favorite Sports Videos
America’s Favorite Sports Videos is a Janet TV series featuring home videos of athletic & active female adults & children at their sporting best or most interesting.
America’s Favorite Sports Videos shines the spotlight on new videos of females achieving sports highs as well as epic fails & crashes, enduring spectacular wipeouts, falling for clever sports-involved practical jokes, skateboarding debacles, water pranks, and other sporting calamities. These interesting successes, failures and fiascos make JANET TV fans return each week.
During the season, JANET TV offers a $1,000 first place prize to the funniest, most exciting, most interesting or most unusual video as voted upon by the studio audience. Those prizewinners then move on to the next competition round where they vie for a $2,000 prize. At the end of the season, the three $2,000 prizewinners compete for a Grand Prize vacation package.
Darryl L. Mobley is Executive Producer.
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Janet TV (d/b/a JTV Productions) is the sponsor of the Season I contest (“Contest”) and the producer (“Producer”) of a television series featuring home videos seeks submission by members of the public of their home videos showing funny, outstanding, interesting and/or unique sporting events featuring female athletes or active females for possible airing on Janet TV. At Producer’s sole discretion, videos may be posted on JanetTV.com and may be further used as stated herein or in the submission materials. Only videos conforming to Janet TV’s Standards and Practices, based on Producer’s judgement, as it determines in their sole discretion, will be eligible for consideration in the Contest.
The Contest will consist of as many as 26 Contestant shows, and as many as 3 One Thousand Dollar prize shows in the 2014 – 2014 season. In each Contestant show, there will be a first, second and third prize awarded for best videos. The 26 Contestant shows will be divided into 3 blocks. Each block will consist of between 8 and 9 Contestant shows, and will be followed by a Two Thousand Dollar prize show, which will feature the first place winners from each of the Contestant shows in the corresponding block of Contestant shows. The number of videos per show and/or shows per block, are subject to change in Producer’s sole discretion. If the 2014 – 2014 season series is unable to be completed due to forces beyond Producer’s control, such as cancellation, business changes or a personnel strike, Producer reserves the right not to award any or all of the prizes set forth above. Please see below for additional rules for awarding of prizes.
1. Persons wishing to enter may send as many different home videos as they wish to
“America’s Favorite Sports Videos”
Janet TV 7301 RR 620 North, Suite 155-101
Austin, Texas 78726
… or submit home videos to Janet TV by following the instructions below on II. 5. Videos will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. See below for information on deadlines.
2. If submitting by mail, Entrants should include their return address, email address, if available, telephone number and a brief written description of the videos being submitted.
3. All submissions become the sole property of Producer and may be used in any manner, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media and/or technologies now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity. Entrants submitting by mail should include a written request and a $3.00 handling fee per video, in U.S. money order, if they wish Producer to return their video(s), which will be done on a rolling basis during the 2013–2014 season. Producer reserves the right to destroy all videos for which a written request for return and the handling fee were not sent at the time of submission(s). Producer is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected videos under any circumstances. Please keep a copy of your submission.
4. If you are mailing your submission, all home video formats are acceptable (VHS, 8MM, Hi-8, digital video). Home videos shot for commercial purposes are not eligible for any prizes. Home videos transferred to DVD or CD-ROM will be accepted provided they meet eligibility and broadcast requirements. 8MM film transferred to videotape is also accepted. Digital chips will not be accepted.
You may mail-in your videos and all required consent forms and releases to:
“America’s Favorite Sports Videos”
7301 RR 620 North, Suite 155-101
Austin, Texas 78726
5. If you wish to email your submission, the recommended specifications are 30 Frames Per Second with 720×486 or 1280×720 Resolution. Acceptable file formats are: .WMV, .AVI, .MOV and .MPG, and H.264, DivX, Xvid or AVC codecs. The length and file size limit, per submission, is up to 10 minutes or 30 MBs.
You may submit your videos and all required consent forms and releases at Video@JanetTV.net
You will be required to submit certain consent forms and/or other releases (collectively, “the releases”) if your video(s) are chosen. The releases (pdf format) can be retrieved here:
Entrant understands and agrees his/her video submission may receive exposure on JanetTV.com and may be subjected to comments and popularity ratings from the public at large. Producer is not responsible in any manner for any critical or derogatory remarks posted by the public pertaining to an Entrant or an Entrant’s video. Additional information regarding online submissions may be available at JanetTV.com.
6. Videos that purport to be spontaneous must be so, or Entrant must explicitly disclose the circumstances of the taping at time of entry.
7. Producer reserves the right to edit and/or alter any submission in Producer’s sole discretion.
8. Producer’s decisions regarding all Contest matters are final and non-appealable. All submissions are subject to the terms of these rules and all Entrants agree to be bound by these rules and Producer’s decisions. Producer reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend these rules at any time and Producer will post the revised rules on JanetTV.com. Due to the ongoing nature of the contest, the rules may be updated several times throughout the season; please review them on JanetTV.com frequently. The rules in effect at whatever time the submission is judged will apply regardless of submission date.
9. Producer reserves the right to alter the number of contestants in each show and the number of Contestant shows in each block at any time.
10. Producer is not responsible for Internet system and hardware failures; delayed, incomplete or unsuccessful transmission of video or other entry information; technical malfunctions of any kind; human error; information loss and downtime; or any costs, losses, liability or damages resulting from any such failures. In the event of any such technical difficulty, malfunction or error, Producer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take such actions as it deems appropriate in keeping with the fairness and integrity of the Contest, including without limitation a determination to take no action.
1. Employees of Janet TV, d/b/a JTV Productions, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies and anyone involved in the production, or administration of the contest or the program, as well as the immediate family/same household members of any of the foregoing individuals are not eligible to enter or to win any prizes. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three non-consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
2. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. and Canada, excluding Quebec, and to active members of the United States Armed Forces who are deployed abroad (excluding the geographical areas listed below) and their immediate family members residing with them. Void in Quebec, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. Producer reserves the right to at any time implement new eligibility criteria and/or modify existing eligibility criteria, including, without limitation, geographical and age restrictions.
4. Entrant must be 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Written parental consent will be required for persons under 18 (or who are not of the age of majority in their state of domicile) for their entries to be considered.
5. Entrant (and, any person appearing in the entry) must not be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become such a candidate for eighteen (18) months from the date Entrant submits the Home Video Exclusive release and Personal release to Producer.
6. Videos must not have been telecast on national television previously to be eligible for the Contest. After submission of your video, it must be exclusive to Janet TV, d/b/a JTV Productions, and you must be able to grant to Producer all rights set forth in the Releases. If your submitted video was posted on an internet website(s) other than JanetTV.com prior to submission to Producer, you must make every reasonable attempt to remove your submitted video from such websites at the time you submit your video to Producer. In the event you are unable to do so, or if your video has been widely disseminated and/or viewed via the Internet, Producer reserves the right to disqualify your entry at any time. However, Producer is under no obligation to take any action in this regard.
7. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that competing submissions may or may not have received exposure in any or all types of media, including without limitation social media sites, news, and entertainment sites (collectively, the “Media”) prior to their submission to JANET TV. Entrant understands, agrees and assumes the risk of any such Media exposure of competing submissions, whether or not commensurate with that of their own submissions. Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that the Releases given by Entrant shall cover any claim, expense or liability arising from or relating to such Media contact or exposure, or the lack thereof.
8. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that his/her submission may or may not receive exposure in any or all types of media, including without limitation social media sites, news, and entertainment sites (collectively, the “Media”) that competing submissions may receive more or less exposure in the Media subsequent to submission to JANET TV, and that Producer and/or third parties may initiate, assist or cooperate with Media requests or exposure in connection with any submission(s). Entrant understands, agrees and assumes the risk that Media exposure of his/her submission, if any, may not be the same or commensurate with that of other competing submissions. Entrant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that the Releases given by Entrant shall cover any claim, expense or liability arising from or relating to such Media contact or exposure, or the lack thereof. Entrant agrees that he/she will not seek Media exposure for his/her submission, and he/she will report all requests for interviews or any other direct or indirect Media contact to JTV Productions for approval, in Producer’s sole discretion, prior to participating in any interview or other Media contact.
9. Entrants whose videos are chosen for inclusion in a program must sign a Release and Indemnity in the form presented attesting, among other things, to the fact that they are the rightful owners of the submitted videos and that the video may be submitted and telecast, and ownership transferred to Producer, without obtaining permission from or making any payment to any third party. Any submission containing third party content may be subject to disqualification. All persons submitting a video or appearing in or heard in a video must sign the Releases (which shall, among other things, grant to Producer the ownership rights in the video(s) and the right to use such person’s name, voice and likeness in any manner, commercial or otherwise, and in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe and in perpetuity, including, without limitation, for programming, promotional and advertising purposes) before the submission can be eligible for prize awards. A legal guardian must sign the Release forms for minors. Failure to provide requested Releases and/or consents will result in disqualification of Entrant. These Release forms can be provided by the Producer or downloaded as described in this document. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and without limitation of the rights granted to Producer, the submission of a video constitutes the Entrant’s permission to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of the Entrant, as well as the Entrant’s representation that he/she has obtained all necessary permissions and approvals to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of all persons appearing in the video, in and in connection with the program and any and all other exploitations thereof or otherwise, including, without limitation, for programming, advertising and promotion purposes, in all media and/or technologies, now known or hereinafter created.
10. Each submission must be solely the original work of Entrant/submitter.
11. Each Entrant represents that his/her submission does not infringe on any third party’s copyrighted material trademark or other intellectual property rights, or privacy or publicity rights.
12. By submitting an entry, each Entrant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless Janet TV d/b/a JTV Productions, the broadcasters/distributors of “America’s Favorite Sports Videos” and any and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective licensees, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission, exhibition or exploitation of the entry, participation in this Contest (or any related sweepstakes), appearance on the program, or otherwise and/or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel related thereto).
13. Each Entrant agrees that his/her participation and submission shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of the United States and of the State of Texas applicable to contracts entered into and wholly performed therein. Each Entrant consents and agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts of the State of Texas, located in the Austin, Texas.
IV. JUDGING CRITERIA
1. Videos will be judged for inclusion in shows and for prizes on the basis of their humor, level of excitement and/or uniqueness as they involve female athletes and active females – of any age. Examples of videos that have been considered include those showing silly blunders during sporting events; unexpected foul-ups involving female athletes; shots made or scores recorded due to outstanding effort, luck or skill, slip-ups during sports or vacation activities; bloopers during plays, practical sports-involved jokes; and natural phenomena. From time to time, the Producer may request home videos on specific topics, such as for the show’s “Assignment High School” requests. Such submissions will be included with the general submission pool for contest purposes and will compete with the general submission pool for any prizes unless otherwise stated. All videos must conform to Janet TV’s Standards and Practices policies.
2. Producer will select videos for inclusion in each Contestant show as follows:
A. Each video will be assigned a number, and logged in.
B. Producer’s representatives will conduct an initial review (the “Initial Review”) of all submissions and will (as determined by Producer in its sole discretion) advance those videos reflecting a sufficient level of interest, humor, excitement and/or uniqueness to warrant further consideration. Any video which does not advance past Initial Review will be rejected for use as a contestant video at that time. Producer reserves the right to reevaluate any submission at any time, but has no obligation to do so.
C. Producer will view videos that are advanced beyond Initial Review for possible consideration in a particular show.
V. CONTESTANT SHOWS ($1,000)
1. The voting procedure for the Contestant shows will be as follows, unless otherwise specified:
A. Of the videos included in each Contestant show, the Producer will select 3 finalists based on humor, interest level, excitement level and/or uniqueness. During the taping of the show, members of the Janet TV audience will vote for their favorite video from among the 3 finalists (or an alternate voting system, including but not limited to voting by the general public in person, by telephone or over the internet, as determined by Producer). The first, second and third prizes will be awarded based on the number of valid votes cast for each of the 3 finalists.
B. In the event of a tie for the $1,000 prize, the vote will be taken again, between the tying entries, until the tie is broken. In the event of a tie for second place, both videos will receive the second place prize money (and there will be no third prize awarded).
C. Producer will pre-screen audience members and obtain signed affidavits in which audience members attest that they are not related to or acquainted with, in fact or by reputation, any of the individuals who submitted, shot or appear in any of the finalist videos. Audience members with any relationship to JANET TV contestants are ineligible to vote.
2. Producer reserves the right to use alternate judging and/or voting procedures, as determined by Producer, for any show or segment including, without limitation, for any Contestant show, special shows or segments, in Producer’s sole discretion.
3. For the Contestant shows, the first prize for each Contestant show is $1,000. Second prize is $500. Third prize is $250.
4. Videos included in a Contestant show and telecast are not eligible for first, second or third place prize in future Contestant shows. At Producer’s sole option, any video may be retained and considered for use and reuse, and used and reused, in any subsequent edition of the program, any other program or production, and/or for ancillary or other use in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity.
VI. $2,000 SHOWS:
1. The season’s Contestant shows will be divided into 3 blocks as set forth above, at Producer’s sole discretion. The first place winners from each block will compete for a prize of $2,000. If the program and/or any episodes are cancelled or cannot be completed prior to the completion of all Contestant shows in a block, Producer reserves the right not to award a $2,000 prize, to reduce or substitute for the announced prize, and/or to modify the means by which a winner will be selected.
2. The voting procedure for the $2,000 shows will be as follows, unless otherwise specified:
A. The videos will be screened for members of the voting panel at a venue, date(s) and time(s) to be determined by Producer. The videos will be shown in random order without added voice-over or effects. The video receiving the greatest number of valid votes will be deemed the winner.
B. Producer will pre-screen audience members and obtain signed affidavits in which audience members attest that they are not related to or acquainted with, in fact or by reputation, any of the individuals who submitted, shot or appear in any of the finalist videos. Audience members with any relationship to JANET TV contestants are ineligible to vote.
3. The criteria for selecting the prize winner of each block will be level of interest, level of excitement, humor and/or uniqueness.
4. In the event of a tie for first place, the Producer (or Producer representative) will cast a vote to break the tie.
5. Producer reserves the right to use alternate judging or voting procedures, as determined by the Producer, for the $2,000 shows as Producer may determine in its sole discretion.
1. Prizes will be awarded to the person(s) submitting the video up to 90 days after initial telecast, provided they certify and establish to Producer’s satisfaction that they are the owner(s) of the video and further provided that they have complied with the official rules and signed all necessary Releases and any other forms as determined by Producer.
2. Winners of any prize are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
3. If the anticipated complement of episodes for the 2013 – 2014 season series is not completed for any reason, including without limitation as a result of program cancellation, business changes or labor dispute, Producer reserves the right to terminate, suspend and/or modify the competition, award the prizes by any other means Producer deems appropriate, and/or limit, reduce or not award the announced prizes. Thus, for example, if for any reason the anticipated complement of episodes of qualifying Contestant Shows has not been completed in any block of shows, Producer reserves the right in its sole discretion to not produce the $2,000 Show and not award the $2,000 prize for that block of Contestant Shows. In all instances, in order for the applicable prize to be awarded, either for a Contestant Show, or a $2,000 Show such episode must be produced and telecast.
4. A prize of one (1) JANET TV T-shirt shall be awarded to an Entrant if their video is broadcast for the first time on a JANET TV episode during the 2013 – 2014 season. Only one (1) T-shirt per video is allotted. If mailing address and/or contact information for the Entrant is no longer valid, Producer is not responsible for delivery of the shirt.
VIII. CONTEST DEADLINES
1. The deadline date for the contest blocks of the 2013 – 2014 season are yet to be determined but may be announced on JanetTV.com in advance of the deadline for submissions. All videos must be received by Producer on or before the deadline dates to be eligible for inclusion in that block. Deadlines are subject to change at Producer’s sole discretion.
1. All Entrants must sign all general Releases and other documents in the form provided by Producer or be eliminated from consideration and declared ineligible to win any prize. Releases will include, among other things, a statement that the videos were the exclusive property of the Entrant(s) at the time they were submitted and that the events purported to be spontaneous were in fact spontaneous and not staged.
Releases must be obtained from all identifiable persons depicted, seen or heard in the videos. A parent or guardian must sign the Release forms for minors.
2. For more information go to JanetTV.com, email video@JanetTV.net, or write to “America’s Favorite Sports Videos,” 7301 RR 620 North, Suite 155-101, Austin, Texas 78726.
JANET TV prefers to air shows in High Definition (HD), so please submit your highest quality video file up to 30 MB. When submitting your video via email, the recommended specifications are 30 Frames Per Second with 1280×720 Resolution. Acceptable formats are; MPG, AVI, MOV, and WMV. For your convenience, we particularly recommend MPEG4 (MPG) compression types (CODECs) such as; H.264, DivX, Xvid, and AVC.
Once you have uploaded your clip, please then download your Release Forms, write your home video’s title in the Web Clip ID number line on the first page of your Release Forms and on your mailing envelope, and email them to us at Video@JanetTV.net.
If you choose not to submit your video via email, you may also mail either your original tape, or a disc (DVD,CD, etc.) or a copy of the funny or unusual clip on a separate tape or disc. Please remember we are not responsible for lost, damaged, or misdirected submission, so if your submission is very valuable to you, you should send us a copy rather than the original. You may submit more than one funny clip on a single videocassette or disc. Please include a brief description of the video clip and try to cue the submission up to the funny part. Make sure you include your name, address, and phone number with the submission. If you wish to have your submission returned, enclose a check or money order made out to Janet TV in the amount of $3.00. Mailing information and a complete list of acceptable formats you can submit can be found above under Official rules.
What happens when you receive my clip?
Once the JANET TV tape library receives your clip either by email submission or mail, it is assigned a unique identification number. The submitter’s information is entered into our database and the clip is passed to the screening department. Once the clip is screened and is considered appropriate for further evaluation, we make a professional dub of the funny or unusual sections of the clip for our library. If you submitted your clip by mail, we will mail you the Releases Forms. If you submitted your clip via email, we ask that you download the Release Forms and mail them to us. (See official rules for more on evaluation and release forms). If you sent your clip in by mail, and sent in a $3.00 check or U.S. money order for return, we will do so. You can expect your tape to be returned within 3 months. If you did not ask for your tape to be returned, it will eventually be destroyed.
What is the status of my tape?
Your release forms and a copy of your clip will remain in our system indefinitely. When we build shows, we are constantly reviewing and reconsidering material that has come to us since day one. Therefore, there is a good chance your clip will find it’s way into a show or up on the JanetTV.com website, even if you haven’t heard from us in a while.
Will you notify me if you decide to air my clip?
Once a clip has been chosen to appear in a show, we attempt to contact the owner and notify them of the airdate. We contact the owner the first time a clip is aired, but not for re-runs or subsequent airings. In order for us to contact you in a timely manner, please keep us up to date with your current address and phone number.
If you need to contact the JANET TV staff with any questions or concerns regarding your clip, please email Video@JanetTV.net, and place “Web Clearance Department” in the subject block; please refer to your submission according to the title you gave it.
If you need to contact the JANET TV tape library for any reason, please refer to your tape identification number, written on your release forms, for easy reference.
Where can I download release forms?
Right here. Right-click and choose “Save As File” to download: